The research facility schedule is regularly updated so consult the posted hours and for facility availability and procedures.
The teaching facility schedule is regularly updated so consult the posted hours for facility availability and course offerings.
To deliver a suite of spatially enabled application and data services via the internet, the Center also hosts an array of application focused servers configured with PostgreSQL (with PostGIS), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, and ArcIMS.
A large suite of applications software provides state-of-the-art capabilities for image processing, mapping, modeling, statistical analysis, and visualization (click an item for more information):
- ArcGIS Desktop (ArcInfo): for advanced spatial analysis and modeling
- ArcView GIS 3.x: for spatial analysis and modeling
- ArcPad: for GIS on mobile devices, e.g. GPS or PDA
- ArcIMS: for serving basic internet mapping applications
- ArcGIS Server (Advanced): for serving comprehensive GIS applications via the internet
- ArcGIS Image Server: for serving geospatial imagery via the internet
- ArcSDE: for managing spatial data in an enterprise database management system
- PostgreSQL (with PostGIS): enterprise database management system
- ENVI: for remote sensing and image analysis
- ERDAS: for remote sensing and image analysis
- GPS Pathfinder Office: for field mapping preparation and processing
- MATLAB: for advanced computing, statistical analysis, and graphics
- R Statistics: for advanced statistical analysis and graphics
- SAS: for advanced statistical analysis and graphics
- WinBUGS: for bayesian analysis
- Google Earth: interactive 3D virtual globe
- NASA World Wind: interactive 3D virtual globe
- Adobe Creative Suite: graphic design software